Friday, August 7, 2009

Project in progress


This is the finished painting



This is where I am so far with this painting. This painting is pretty far out of my comfort zone. I don't usualy paint architecture, flowers, and landscapes. I'm happy with how this is coming out so far. It's taking longer than I thought it
would but I've got to place where this painting is fun and I can spend hours on end carving out this scene and doing it justice.



This is the layout I came up with for the painting above. I guess I should give some back ground info. This is a comissioned painting and these churches are in the Ukrain. It's 4 x 3 and I did an acrylic underlay with oil washes, glazes and straight painting on top of them. This layout was down in Photoshop useing the three photos I was given, aka the photos you see below.



No comments:

Post a Comment